Monday 22 August 2016

Jakarta and MEMS Micromachining

A few days in Jakarta, hot and sunny!

Concrete Jungle
 
Main Square in Old Jakarta

Old Jakarta
Colourful Hats and Bikes

More Colourful Hats and Bikes

Still on the subject of MEMS (Micro Electro Mechanical Systems), how is the fabrication technology different from conventional ICs (CMOS)?

The whole concept of MEMS is based on using IC technology to make micro mechanical systems but it turns out conventional IC technology is not enough. We need some additional processes.

One of the key enablers of MEMS is bulk micromachining, of which the Bosch process is most widely used.




Surface Micromachining is also widely used where we don’t need such deep structures.




Another widely used surface micromachining process is LIGA. This can be considered as an intermediate process between bulk and surface micromachining.



These three processes lie at the heart of most of the MEMS devices around us. 


9 comments:

  1. I’ve always wanted to read on this subject. I truly appreciate your wonderful contribution. I’d like to read more from your blog site. Precision Machining Service By Valley Design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment and interest. It's six years ago now. I am no longer active in MEMS but I do on-line courses in microelectronic reliability, materials science and surface analysis. Feel free to contact me at alastair@at-micro.com or see my rather out of date website https://at-micro.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just searching for relevant on this topic and came across your blog post. You provided me with very useful information. Thank you so much! Glass CNC Machining Service By Valley Design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You’re an excellent blogger. I’m very impressed by your work and will recommend your tips to everyone in my circle so that they can also benefit from this information. Custom Optical Coatings From Valley Design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog contains lots of valuable data. It is a factual and beneficial article for us. Thankful to you for sharing an article like this. Fused Silica CNC Machining Services From Valley Design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’d like to thank you for writing on this topic. The information you provided was very useful. I will visit again in the near future. Black Light Absorbing Coatings Material.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job for publishing such a nice article. Your article isn’t only useful but it is additionally really informative. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. Glass Wafer Dicing Service.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’d like to thank you for writing on this topic. The information you provided was very useful. I will visit again in the near future. Colored Optical Glass Filters From Valley Design.

    ReplyDelete